Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ME

Yazmin M.
Period: 2
Nov. 3, 2010

Me
Expectations, are very high for me pressures coming from parents, friends and school. Being my last year in high school and wanting to do all school activities plus Applications for Universities. It’s a lot on one teenager. My name is Yazmin Martinez I’m seventeen and this is my life. 
I was born on June 28, 1993. My parents are Barbara Perez, and Fidel Martinez. My ethnicity is Cuban. My parents met each other when my mom was a senior in high school they met at “Stars” they fell in love and when my mom turned twenty- one she became pregnant with my older sister Yuvizela Martinez. Four years later I was born. Nine months after I was born my mom was pregnant agian and my little sister Yazandra Martinez was born. My parents got divorced on my sisters birthday August 30, 1995. My parents have been divorced for sixteen years but we are still a very close family. My mom had another baby on March 20, 2007 her name is Yarazely Marie Figueroa; she’s  my half sister but I see her as my own; because her father left her at only ten days old.
I’m the type of person who is is very loud, and out going. I have lots of goals in my life that I want to achieve. Since I was a little  girl I always wanted to be a Teacher or some kind of authority figure at a school. In my sophomore year in high school I finally figured out what I really wanted to be and that’s a high school principal. Since I love bell so much one day I would love to work here and achieve my goal as being principal of Bell High School. I also want to have a PhD in Phycology. I hope to achieve all this in less than ten years. School has always been my first priority.
My very first city activity Cheer I was five and I love it. I learned a lot from these city activities. I learned discipline, work ethics, and teamwork. One of the most important things I learn that I will already remember was when you’re on a team or squad u never leaving a person behind; they’re your own little family. After starting cheer my mom placed me in a Ballet Class.  I loved it because I had something to do on my own because belle is a one-person thing. So I had a very busy schedule on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursday was Cheer and Tuesday and Fridays was belle practice. Because of all my activities when I was little that’s what why I’m so discipline and out going know that I’m older.
I have done all school activities you name it I’ve done it. Some of these activities are The USC Blood Drive, Walk- A-thons, Breast Cancer Walks,  School Dances, Bell Mascot, Water Girl, and Ect. One of the most important to me has got to be Short Flags. I’ve been in Short Flags for two years; I’m the Lieutenant, (we go buy military ranks) this year. Short Flags, is a Drill Team, Dance Team, and Flag Team all in one so it’s great because you get all different sorts of things to do. Life as a flag girl is very hard at times because you have late practices, and its lots of hard work, as Mrs. Pickard always says “Practice makes Perfect” I need to balance  school work, flags, family and other stuff. The girls on my squad have impacted my life in lots of ways. We all have our family problems and it’s nice to know that we have each other to talk to, be our own little family.
My Best Friend, is Jessica Alamo I’ve known her since third grade we went to Corona Elementary together. We’ve had our ups and downs but  we have been there for each other. Friends come and go but we have always been there for each other. She’s a former cheerleader at Bell High School when we were small we participated in a lot of city activities but one of our favorites was cheer. It was fun at the time but little by little I didn’t like it no more,  so I got into flags and she stayed in cheer. Last year she decide that cheer wasn’t fun for her anymore and decide to stop cheering and continue with dance instead.
My other Best Friend is Christian Pineda also known as Pancake is a Varsity Football player at Bell High School. He is the starting center/ guard number sixty-two. I met him at Chester Nimitz Middle School in sixth grade. The football team is currently 8-4. Ever since he started playing football for our high school I’ve bought or gave him food when ever they win. So every football game when we win I buy him a whole “family pack” from stars.
In my senior year of high school I’m currently Most Spirited on A track. I feel honored by winning this award because I have given this school four years of my life and I wouldn’t change these four years for nothing. The Four years I spent here I will always remember the good the bad and the okay. I have met lots of new people at Bell High School some friends for life. In high school I have had my emotional days, happy days, sad days. I’ve grown a lot in these four years and I’m happy I came to Bell and not gone some were else.
I’m scared of the future and what it holds but I’m ready to educate my self even more and achieve my goals in life. I have currently applied to Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Long Beach, Cal State North Ridge, and Cal State Fullerton. The one I really hope to get into is Cal State North Ridge because I feel like that’s where; I’m supposed to be it’s not to far from home but not to close. All the schools that I applied to have the curriculum I want to pursue my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting story Yazmin! It's nice to hear about someone your age who knows what they want and is determined in their education. All those activities will help you in your future career and in college! Make sure you proofread your essay before turning it in to keep the paragraphs structured and organized.

    ReplyDelete