Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Uncle Luis

Cynthia G.
Period 1
April 27, 2012 



Uncle Luis 

My uncle Luis was in the American war. He is my dad’s younger brother by five years. He has more than two baby mommas. He had one girl with my mom’s cousin and two other boys by different ladies who I don’t consider my aunts, even though he is dating my cousin’s mom today. My uncle was in the army for about eight years, but in those eight years he only actually went out into the field for five years. I haven’t really spoken much about it with him but what my uncle did was pretty interesting and brave. Like few of the people that go out to fight, my uncle didn’t get dramatized, depressed, or went crazy! This is a good thing because I don’t know how my grandma will handle it. The American war was for their independence and they won. “Inhabits of thirteen colonies supporting the revolution” (A. War). This took place in European coastal waters like, Caribbean Sea Atlantic, and Indian Oceans. From this fight it resulted in Britain loosing the area east of Mississippi River and south of Great Lakes. “There was about 5,000 Continental Navy ships (A. War)
            My uncle is really strict though, I guess he did get one thing from there. He is close to my dad and he takes him out with a little bit of the money he gets from the army. The one thing I do remember him saying is its all about military action. I was like ok? What is that supposed to mean? Taking military action as seriously responding to everything you do as if you were there? Or just paying attention like a cadet and do mostly everything right? So I went and searched it….It was nothing like that its just taking in what he did. en.wikipedia.org/wiki_American revolution   My uncle Luis is a very good person and I admire him.

Works Cited


“American Civil War”. The history channel website. www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war.2010. 4/12/12
                  “Military Action”. The history channel website. 2011.www.history.com/military-action-in American revolution.4/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment