Monday, March 26, 2012

My Father

Paul S.
Period 5
3/16/2012




Image Project


          My father was born in Boston, Massachusetts. During his childhood his mother was an unfit parent that did drugs.  His father wanted to get custody but something got mixed up in the courts and for some reason my father ended up in a foster home.    My dad probably lived in the town of North End, Boston with a lot of Italian Americans and African Americans.  "A few African American people lived there, and soon went to a town called 'beacon hill'" where he stayed in a foster home (wikipedia).
        My dad wasn’t always a good kid, he’d get in a lot of fights and had a lot of anger problems.   Plus he’d move to different foster homes all the time which effected him as well.  Later in his life he want to California with his dad (I guess he stuck with him).  Why did they go to California?  I don’t know.  My mom’s friend told her about him and that’s how they met. They were together for about 4 years. During that time he shot up cocaine, and was very controlling over my mother.  He would sometimes do odd things, like hang weird objects on his wall; because he was bi-polar.
        During that time they had me, but when I was 2 years old he left me and my mom and went back to Boston. I only talked to my dad several times on the phone but I never met him. One time I decided to give him a gift along with pictures of me. I don’t know if he got it but in 2006 I got a letter saying he died of a lung infection and I’ll never get the chance to meet him.




Works Cited
North End, Boston from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.Wikipedia. Jimmy Wales.
         June 2003. 4-10-12.Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment