Monday, May 16, 2011

The Lessons I Learned From My Parents


                              Karen A.
                             Per.2, 5 4/21/11

“The Best Lessons That My Parent Ever Taught Me”

When my parents used to tell me that I would eventually have to learn how to be independent I knew it was a lesson I would never forget.

Being“Independent” for me was like being alone, crying with no one around me confused about life with out money, a job, or depending on a guy, something a lot of girls my age do. That’s what I thought I was gonna do if I lived with out papa or mama, but this wasn’t what my parents meant.

For my parents “Independent” meant, that I have to be responsible for my actions, think twice before I do something, always had in mind that my actions will lead me to consequences, and I will be the only one responsible for what I choose to do. They told me that if I wanted to succeed in life I will never give up no matter how hard the circumstances were, that if I want something I will had to have the courage, and if I decide to get together with someone this will lead me to an unhappy life.
They knew that what I hated the most was some one that tries to control me. I remember that my dad used to tell me “ if you don’t have a career or a job and you depend on a man, he is gonna think he has the right to mistreat you, because he supports you with food and a place to live, and if he feels that im getting apart of him he will get me pregnant and then I wouldn't be able to leave him because I will have a kid, no career, and no place to go.

1 comment:

  1. your parents have been very supportive towards you! i think thats very import and will maybe your motivation for the future1

    ReplyDelete