Friday, May 20, 2011

New Experiences

Jeffrey
May 20, 2011
New Experiences
          Have you ever been forced to leave the United States? I have, two years ago my mother planed a trip to Mexico. When my mother told me about this trip I freaked! Iv never had been outside of the state of California. I didn’t want to go and I made sure she knew that. All she said is “Your going”.
          Weeks passed and I came to think that my mom and I weren’t going to Mexico after all. A couple of days later my mom tells me to get my stuff together. I freaked out again; I began to tell me mother that I am not going to Mexico with her, once again. So I came to face the facts. I knew that no mater what I said I was stilling going to end up going.
          The trip to Mexico was for one month. I remember sitting in my room wondering how am I going to survive without my friends and technology I didn’t know how I would react to no technology. Mostly everything I do have to do with technology. No fast-food restaurants, no friends, no cell phone! I don’t know how I could live like that.
          As I am on my way to the airport with my mom, I am using my phone for the last time to text my friend’s goodbye. It was a very sad moment for me. We finally arrive at the airport. We find our way to the waiting room and board the plane. After a while the plane begins to take off, I turn and look outside the window and say goodbye to the American land.
          Six hours later I arrive at Michoacán, Mexico. As soon as I get off the plane I tell my mom sarcastically,” Omg I’m so excited. I can’t wait to explore the lands of Mexico, milk cows and do whatever else they do over here.” She looked at me and told me, “ Watch you eat your words.”  After the conversation my mom and I turned and she spotted two of my uncles waiting for us. They help us with our luggage and walk us to their truck. It turns out that the truck was 3 seater. Therefore I had to go in the back with the luggage and it’s a two-hour ride to my grandpa’s house.
      I finally arrived at my grandpa’s house. I walked in into the house with my mom to find lots of unfamiliar faces waiting to greet us. It took me at least 10 minutes to say hi to everyone. I just wanted to go to sleep already; the long trip had me exhausted. So I asked my mom where the bedroom was and she led me there. The next morning I wake up at 5am thanks to my grandpa’s rooster. I walked out of the room and saw one of my cousins and he asked me if I wanted to go fishing with him. I was so mad that I had to come to Mexico that I told him no and went back to the room. I stayed in the room all day.
        The next morning the rooster woke me up at 5am again. I see my cousin again and he asks me again if I wanted to go fishing. I gave him the same answer as before. When I walked back to the room, I started thinking to myself that I should just make the best of the trip whether I like it or not. I went back to find my cousin and I asked him if he anted to go fishing. Not only did we go fishing, but also we went out to explore lands and went out to eat.
         For the next couple of weeks, I milked cows, went exploring, rode horses, went fishing, and had a lot of fun doing it. The last day my mom told me to pack my bags because we were about to leave. I didn’t want to say goodbye, I didn’t want to leave, but I had to. I then had to say bye to all of my family. My uncles took my mom and I back to the airport. On my way back, I thought to myself that Mexico wasn’t so bad. I actually had a lot of fun. Like my mom said I ate my words.
         This experience made me a much more mature person because it taught me not to judge the things until I actually do it or go places. I learned that trying new things or going to a new place is a great experience. It was fun going to a new country and learning the lifestyle of others. Whenever I encounter a chance to go somewhere new, I won’t judge it at all. I’ll go along and make my judgment after I experienced the new place or activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment