Thursday, May 17, 2012

BHS


Brisa N.
Period 1
May 17, 2012 


DOUBLE VOICE ESSAY Period: 1

      School, where to start? All my live I’ve grown up with the idea of going to school, never questioned why I just went. As a kid all I wanted to do was go to school. Elementary was so fun because I never had to worry about anything except my homework. Throughout grade school, I would just wake up brush my teeth change and head off to school somehow knowing it was going to be a good day because my childish mind had no negative thoughts. I never woke up too early to do my hair, pick nice clothes, and make sure everything was ready to start my day. I was worriless that’s what made me happy. Now I think back and realize that the only reason why I was happy and worriless was because as a kid I didn’t have to deal with a lot of things like what I have to do now. As a child I had no idea of the type of people that filled this world. I had no idea that there were “fake friends”, its incredible how gullible I was. If someone smiled and asked me to be their friend I would gladly say yes because I’m not a judgmental person. See the thing is that back then kids didn’t care of how you looked, whether your clothes were dirty or not, or who your best friend was. Now this is high school and man has my perspective toward the world changed. Now I can actually realize that there are many things that are black and white, and as a kid everything seemed as if I was looking into a kaleidoscope all colorful and fun. High school is just bullshit, it’s sad how people I grew up with all my life suddenly don’t know me. People don’t realize that school is like another family; I mean we are stuck here 8 hours of our days seeing the same people, spending time with the same people everyday. Now I ask myself would I judge my family? Would I shit talk my family? Would I pretend I didn’t know my family? Personally I WON’T.  Many people need a reality check and need to see the world differently, they need to see that their judging, their bulling, their shit talking aint gon take them anywhere or make them any better. I really hope people begin changing there bad habits and become better people, especially at this school.

Double Voicing
         As a new student here, I feel kind of lost. All the classes, people, and assignments overwhelm me. My fear of coming to a new school was not being able to make friends. I’ve been here for a semester now and I’ve met a few decent people. I believe that anywhere you go you’ll find good people as well as bad people. Yes, plenty people at this school have been kind and hospitable. Even though I’ve met pretty nice people I’ve interfered with rude, queer, inhospitable people. It’s pretty sad how people won’t even have the heart to help a new fella out. Yes, I felt lost and friendless especially when I walked into a class and suddenly everyone decides to awkwardly look at me and just start the shit talking. In my old school it was the same o’ crap, except I wasn’t the “new kid”. Even when you didn’t want to even say anything towards a person, your classmates always had even the smallest comment to make. See the thing is that no matter where you’re at or where you go people will always judge you & personally I think that shit needs to change. High school is just stupid because everyone thinks they can talk shit about other people but when it comes down to them they hope no one says anything. I just hope that one day everyone in high school realizes that high school is just a place for memories. A place to spend time with all the people you grew up with and forget about everyone’s flaws instead of pointing them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment