Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Father's Life Story: Radical Revision


Christian C. 
Period 1
May 2, 2012 

Elmer Cruz's Journey 

          My name is Elmer Cruz, I was born in Cuscatlan, El Salvador on May 20, 1962. I’m the oldest of six brothers. My mom worked at the market selling fruits and vegetables and my dad worked fixing roads so he was never at home. Since I was the oldest brother, I had to take care of my brothers and make sure they do all the tasks my mother gave us. I was around sixteen years old my the civil war broke out. The war was not that bad from where we lived, but I got to see thing I’ve never seen before.in the San Salvador, the capital of El Salvador, hundreds of people got killed every day. We used to go to San Salvador with my mom and my brothers every weekend to buy food and stuff for the house. My little brothers and I got really scared every time we saw dead people on the streets. My mom used to tell us to close our eyes every time we saw a dead person. But the truth is that I never covered my eyes. I was a very curious guy. Even if I was scared, I kept watching the dead bodies and wondering how they looked when they were alive. I used to have nightmares of my little brother Vicente being beheaded before my eyes. But I thank God nothing bad happened to us during that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment