Friday, May 11, 2012

My Great Grandpa-Rudolph Galiana

Stevie A.
Period 2
May 11, 2012

My Great Grandpa-Rudolph Galiana


 
My Great Grandfather Rudolph (Rudy) Galiana was born on May 1, 1920 and he passed away June 29, 1988, on my Auntie Stephanie’s High School Graduation (from Bell High). My Great Grandfather was born and raised in East Los Angeles, around the 1920’s and 1930’s, he attended Theodore Roosevelt High School, Home Of The Mighty Rough Riders. After my grandpa graduated from high school he attended the United States Marine Corps, after leaving the Marine Corps he attended The California College of Mortuary Science, which he graduated from on June 25, 1948, he opened his own mortuary business in East L.A., where he raised my two uncles and nana.
My Great Grandpa was a one of a kind man, he was over 6’2” and he was liked by everyone. My grandpa was the type of man that was very kind, affectionate, sweet, smart, and assertive, he had a great sense of humor and very big personality. My Grandpa was also one of the men who helped design the original King Kong ride in Universal Studios. My grandpa was also very opinionated and was involved in political situations and he was also the type of man that wouldn’t take any BS from anyone.
My family tells me that my Great Grandpa was loved by everyone that knew him. They tell me stories on the way he would treat my aunt’s and uncle’s, they would tell me that he would treat them like little kings and queens, he would take them anywhere and everywhere. They use to tell me that when they were little my great grandpa would tuck them into bed and sing to them. The people that knew my great grandpa would tell me he was very loveable and fun to be around, but they also tell me that he was the type of man that would hide a lot and was very secretive.
Even though I never had the chance to meet my Great Grandfather, I believe everything my family says and I know I would have loved by grandfather so very much. I wish I was able to enjoy and see how fun my grandpa was and to be there for all the accomplishments he achieved well he was alive, but there is one thing my Godmother told me he enjoyed saying to people that she’ll never forget, “Chicken Shit”.  


Radical Revision

My Short Story about My Great Grandpa
My Great Grandfather was the best man in my life. I remember the times when my grandpa would pick me up after school and take me to get some ice cream and take me for a walk through the park, my grandpa would tell me so many stories about his childhood, like what he use too do for fun, the sports he was in, and the type of people he would hang around. I remember one day I and he were walking through the park and he told me about the first time he laid eyes on my great grandma Sally Santoyo, they married on June 12, !939 in St. Mathis Church in Huntington park. My grandpa told me when he first laid eyes on my grandma he was buying some food, he would tell me that he would see her at the same fast food place at the same time, so finally after a couple weeks, he decided to ask her out, she was shocked but excited, then after like 2 years he asked her to marry him and he told me she screamed yes. My great grandpa was the number one man in my life, I loved him with all my heart and I still do, there’s times when I think about him and cry because of how much I miss him. My Great Grandpa Rudolph (Rudy) Galiana will always be my number one man,



          Facts about My Great Grandpa
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Born On May 1, 1920.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Passed Away June 29, 1988
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->He Joined the United States Marine Corps.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Very Big Personality
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->He was Over 6’2”
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Affectionate
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Smart
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Assertive
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Opinionated
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Funny, had a great sense of humor
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Political
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->Helped design original King Kong Ride At Universal
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·      <!--[endif]-->He didn’t take any BS from anyone





No comments:

Post a Comment