Friday, May 11, 2012

My Father

Erik O.
Period 2
May 11, 2012

My Father 

             My dad José Orozco came to the United States to get a better life. He came in the late 1970’s when he was 17 years old. Jose would just work in little dinners in long beach. Jose came for one good reason and it was to for he can get a better life. . He told me, “I wanted to work good here to help my family in México”. With his hard work he did make it come true. My dad would take mostly any job and kept going at it he was a very hard worker he would never get tired. He said that, “as long as I have work I have nothing to worry about because I would just save my money and not waste it on dumb things like cigarettes and alcohol drinks”. That’s good because if you add up the money you waste a lot of money a year. If for any reason they laid him off first thing in the morning he would go early to go find work. Every month he sent my grandpa money to buy things he needed. He would work in restaurants and the owner wasn’t paying him what he deserved and to little hours even though “Unemployment stayed close to its natural rate -- at any time 4 or 5 percent of people are unemployed -- during the first half of the 1970s. After 1974, unemployment averaged 7.9 percent and some years saw the rate reach more than 9 percent, according to the BLS” {ehow.com}.Jose just didn’t want to lose his job. He just decided to leave from there and when he did the owner saw he was actually losing money because he had to hire more people to do the jobs. So the owner called my dad and told him to come back and my dad did. After when he was 25 years old he started to work in construction. He worked in construction for 25 years.” Immigrants account for nearly 30 percent of construction workers {ehow.com}”. Before he came he lived in Arandas Jalisco with his grandparents because my grandma died giving birth and my grandpa was leaving to Léon Guanajuato  but dad just stayed with his grandpa. 




  


Work cited

                                           
                 Ehow. Ask.Demand media inc. 1999. 4-12-12. Web page.



Radical Revision


My father
My dad was the best worker
He never gave up
Always working never stopping
Construction was his passion
Everyday lifting drywall
Trying to put food on the table
Filling me up with joy to make me happy
Happiness was one thing he really gave us
Caring for me
Loving me
Kissing me to show how much he cared
Showing he was just one of a kind
Thinking back now what more of a dad did I want

No comments:

Post a Comment