Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Inspiration


Richard F.                                                                                                 
Period.1
4/12/12
          

My Brother
           My brother Jesse Flores has always been there for me when I needed him and still is. He is my only source of motivation throughout high school. This is probably due to the fact that he was a cadet in the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (JROTC) federal program to motivate young people to be better citizens. He may seem as if he is not really that important or self determinate but I think he is, so did his sergeant. He was one of the four cadets that had the honor to meet governor of California on June 8, 2007. That same day The Governor held a press conference with Superintendent Brewer and other prominent business persons at Roosevelt to announce the launch of EnCorps Teachers Program, a corporate- sponsored recruiting effort to entice aging baby boomers into teaching. The program is modeled on the Transition to Teaching program launched by IBM in 2005, which includes up to $15,000 in subsidies and other corporate support for departing employees who want to take up teaching. IBM agreed to help support the California EnCorps initiative with technology, expand employment opportunities and encourage Maryland’s baby boomers to engage in community service ([press release]). My brother told me that he was pretty nervous, and when he shook his hand he said he had a very tight grip. They talked about their academics, their current activities in the JROTC program and their future plans in life. It was one of the greatest days of his life, and a great event for Roosevelt High School.











No comments:

Post a Comment