Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One of the Greatest Days of My Life

David R.
Period 1
April 18, 2012


On April 3, 2003, Wrestle Mania 21 took place in Los Angeles, California at the Staples Center. For my brother and I it was just a regular day at our house. Then it all changed with one phone call. My brother had been called by one of his best friends inviting him to this great event.  A couple of hours later we were on our way to the Staples Center. As a boy at the age of 8, I was very excited because I didn’t expect to be doing anything that day.
           
              I was also very excited because that event would soon become memorable. A lot of things happened that day that changed many people’s lives. “Tickets sold out in less than one minute for the event, making it the fastest ticket sell-out in the company's history as well as the fastest ticket sell-out at the Staples Center”(unknown, wikipedia). It felt good to know that I was apart of this. I had a great time not only because this fight became memorable but I also got to shake one of the wrestlers hand. Yo yo man wrestlemania was off the shizzle for rizzle. I would watch it all over again if it came on everyday. Batista and John Cena are the Champs. YEAH BABY!!!!!” writes Stephen Knupp from blogcritics. If I had the chance to live that day again I would because it was my first time going to a wrestling match.
                      
 The event drew a Staples Center record attendance of 20,193 people from 14 countries and 48 states and grossed more than $2.1 million in ticket sales, making it the highest grossing WWE event ever at the Staples Center, and the highest grossing of the five Wrestle Manias held in California. In addition to those in attendance, the event was seen by millions of fans in more than 90 countries” (unknown, wikipedia). I was surprised that so many people watch wrestling. I have never seen so many people at the same time. Everybody was cheering and screaming for the wrestlers having a good time. I too was screaming at the top of my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment