Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Mother's Dream


Stephanie D.
March 16,2012
Period 5
             
                When my mom was little she enjoy singing and coming out in school music plays. Her step dad wouldn’t let her be in the school plays or stay after school to practice.  She  felt good and free when it came to singing. She would get really happy when it came to performing. She went to Jefferson high school in that school she would do a lot of musical plays and she enjoyed them all. Selena the Mexican singer better known as “The Queen of Tejano Music”(Wikipedia), was my moms hero. My mother wanted to be just like her singing in front of billions of people world wide. She never let her step dad bring her down from who she wanted to be. She never had her mother to talk to about her goals so she was pretty much was on her own when it came with her life goals. She knew who she wanted to be and she just need the right tools to take her to her  where she wanted to be.
               
               During her senior year she focus on her singing career. One day she had to perform a musical. That musical she perform was the best she ever perform. When the musical was over a scout went up to her and told her” with that voice, you’ll make it world wide.”(Wikipedia), that when my mom realize she had to get out of her house and find someone to help her with her singing. Every day she would practice singing no matter what her step dad would tell her not to. She started working at the mall so that she could earn money to travel and find someone to help her with her career and she would work everyday so that once she was out of high school she would leave her parents house right away and go to where she wanted to go so that she could become a singer. The last day of her senior day she packed her stuff and said her good bye her parents weren’t to happy about it but it was something she wanted to do so they couldn’t stop her from reaching her goals in life.
  
             Her friend Suzy went with my mom to her journey. They found this guy Name Aaron and he was a music producer. He was willing to help my mom with her career but only that he lived in México so my mom and Suzy had to travel to México. Once Suzy and my mom arrived to México .Aaron met up with them and took them on tour around the town. Then later that night he told my mother he was going to take her to some singing places and see if she liked one of them. He took them to the first place and my mother told me once she enter the place her and Suzy fell in love with it. It was a Burlesque club where people where friendly and they did funny musicals. “Burlesque is a literary, dramatic or musical intended to the manner or spirit of serious works, or by ludicrous treatment of their subjects”(Wikipedia).

             My mom became a burlesque singers, and I believe Aaron was their agent. So he would organizes  their schedule. My mom was a burlesque for 8 years. Once she turn 24 she had to quit her burlesque job she didn’t want to but my dad wanted her to be able to spend time with because we wouldn’t be able to see her when we would be out of school. It was going to be hard for her to let go of her career she love but she knew it was the best she could do for her kids. To this day on my mom sings to us like how she would sing when she was in her burlesque job, my didn’t go world wide as she wanted to go. But she was proud she was able to live her career life that she always hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment