Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Attitude and Behavior During CST


Ascencion Aispuro
11-07-12
Period 5

My Attitude and Behavior During CST

   I take the CST’s very, very serious. It’s the most important test of the year, besides finals. Even though I am totally concentrated, I still feel sleepy during the exam. I start to feel anxious after some time of testing. I also start to get restless during CST’s.
   I am extremely concentrated during CST testing. My mother and teachers always told me to try my absolute best because the state would be examining our test scores. I walk into class and get ready right away. I am thoroughly focused, until the point that I start to get bored. Being bored does not mean I will stop trying. I still give it my 100%, but I don’t enjoy it.
   I always try to be in bed by 10:30 the night before an exam. Even though I may sleep fine, I still feel tired and sleepy during the test. It’s a very long, and boring process. I really hate the English section. I don’t like reading excerpts and then answering questions. Although it’s great to test one’s comprehension skills, they take too much time and I get really sleepy reading the short stories.  
   At times, I feel very anxious during the test. I am confident that I know the material, but I am sometimes unsure of myself. It drives me crazy when a question is too easy. I especially hate the difficult problems, because they take longer. I take my time during CST’s, and I know that those difficult problems will just make me stay longer to finish my test.
   I feel restless and uncomfortable after about 40 minutes of testing. I don’t like sitting down for an hour and a half, especially in those hard plastic desk chairs, which offer no lumbar support.  The desks are so packed together that I don’t have any leg space. Sometimes the room is very cold, which may keep me awake, but feels a bit uncomfortable because I have to keep my hands warm. I am usually the last one to finish my test, which makes me very uncomfortable because I feel like a burden to everyone else that’s done.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment