Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Attitude and Behavior During C.S.T.


Jocelyn B
Per. 3
English
November 27, 12
My Attitude and Behavior During C.S.T.

 Every high school student will have to take this C.S.T. testing through out his or her ninth, tenth, and eleventh, grade year. It is always best to be prepared ahead of time to do our best on the test. It really isn’t hard to reading and answer questions but it could get tiring or boring. Which is why it is better to carry an attitude full of energy, have a great breakfast, be devoted on the work you will or have done. If you believe in yourself we will be confident and with a good opened mind we’ll do great.
   My attitude that I carry into the testing room is full of energy. Since that morning that I wake up, I am prepared to do an amazing job on the test. I have an open mind and organized strategies to help my testing skills be a success. 
   During C.S.T. testing last year I might have been the only person in my homeroom that did not complain about being hungry. I love eating before I do anything important. It gives me the strength that I need to do well. Since I got proficient I could say I did a pretty good job on concentrating on my testing instead of worrying about my hunger.  Throughout the entire week of testing I ate a bowl of cereal, a banana or apple, and a nutrition bar. When I would get to school every morning my stomach was satisfied and really to sit in homeroom for hours to take the C.S.T. I was surprisingly happy just because my stomach was happy.
   I devote about ninety percent on my full effort to the test.  I would probably say I put in more effort into it but personally I don’t think I did that entirely great. I could have done better and get to advanced on the scoring board. I might have had little distractions here and their or some confusing to have gotten a proficient on the test. What might have prevented me from giving my full effort was most likely that my reading skills are not the best so; I didn’t really feel to confident on the reading comprehension part on the test.
   After giving this amount of effort on the test I felt a bit tired. My head hurt a little bit but I was happy that it was finally over. Taking the C.S.T. I was always confident about myself. I had an open mind through out the whole test. I knew that I was not going to know the correct answer for every question on the test but I knew I had a high possibility to obtain most of the questions correct. On the few the few questions I had trouble on, I would take an educated guess or use the process of elimination.  An educated guess or the process of elimination is when you use your own knowledge to answer your troubled question. I was confident about the work I had done in the time that I was in the testing room. I talked to some of my friends and they told me they had felt the test a bit harder than what they had expected. I felt cool that I thought the test was not so hard because that gave me a good feeling that I had done well, maybe not as well as I wanted to do but I did all right.
   My state of mind and preparations really helped me do my finest on the test. Starting off in the morning with a great attitude and breakfast gave me a boost. I had set my mind and determined for success. I got good results, and that made me extremely proud of myself.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment