Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Peaceful City of Maywood


Jimmy N
12-7-12
Period 3
My Peaceful City of Maywood
   In my eyes Maywood is a peaceful city. Whenever I go out to my friend’s house there is no one screaming in their house and people aren’t fighting with each other. I suppose sometimes there is a cop pulling someone over and arresting them but if you don’t get involved in all that stupid shit the wanna be “cholos” then you’re good. There is only one thing I would change about Maywood and that is the way people stare at you or “Mad Dog” you when you are walking by yourself and they are with a group of friends. Every time they are by themselves they don’t even look your way. I find it funny because people like that are freaking punks. All they are doing is trying to act all hard so they could look like a badass.
   Even though there is a lot of graffiti in Maywood it still looks like a nice city. The sheriffs have been cleaning up streets. There hasn’t been much violence and crimes ever since the sheriffs arrived. Don’t get me wrong its not like Maywood is one of those cities in movies that everyone is all lovey-dubby and all the neighbors get along but in Maywood it has mellowed down.
   The ethnicity in Maywood is mainly Hispanics. Lately there have been some blacks that moved in but they are chill and we get along and I’ve also seen a Jewish family that just moved in but they seem kind of timid.
 

Runaway from Maywood
   Hello my name is Bob and I just moved into the city of Maywood. When I first came to this city with the real estate agent I thought it was a peaceful area to live in but now I can tell that this city is going to be very difficult to live in. There are too many cholos and they seem to be looking at my car as if they are going to steal it. Every time I go out to eat with my wife and son I keep on reminding them to lock the car doors.
   I feel so paranoid when I’m by myself because for some reason I keep thinking that there are people that are trying to take my money. These people have no respect!! I was walking down the street with my wife and these guys kept staring at her and telling her cruel things that they would supposedly do to her. All I know is I need to sell this house as soon as possible because I think my family is not safe here. I just need to let everyone know that this city is too ghetto people say that is better than before but if that is the case I feel bad for whoever has lived here through the “rough” times. Therefore I am going back to Chino Hills because I can’t deal with all this nonsense!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment