Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Nike


Odalys H
Period 6; English
10-26-12

Nike



   Nike was founded in January 25, 1964, in Eugene, Oregon by Phil Knights and Bill Bowerman. It didn’t become an official brand until 1978.  It is known for sponsoring famous people and for their athletic clothes. It is one of the most famous brands around the world. One of the reasons why it is known is because they have a crazy amount of shoes. They easily have over 800 pairs, but not in their stores. Another reason is because it has stuff for all kinds of people. Last but not least, they have cheap prices compared to other brands.
   Nike is one of my favorite brands for many reasons. I love their style and shoes. I go at least once a week to the Nike store. I like going to their stores because they have many different pairs of shoes. There are very comfortable shoes and help you run better. As this quote states “I absolutely love these sneakers! They are perfect for me! I was worried because I have relatively flat feet and can't wear many varieties of sneakers but TRULY these are fabulous! I ran 6 miles in them the first day I had them....... NO PAIN! :) LOVE EM! :)” (-HorseLady-).  I agree with this quote because I own many running shoes from Nike and they are very comfortable that last a long time. I mostly like their high top shoes, which are the most popular ones. If you would count every pair of shoes that Nike has released, it would easily be over 800.  Some are expensive and some are cheap. Depending on what type of style it is. They have shoes for all different types of sports. For example, they have shoes for basketball, soccer , baseball & many other sports. I go more into their sneakers. The type of shoes that Nike sales more, are their high top. High tops are pretty expensive but don’t pass more than $100.
   Not only is it for older people, but it is for all kinds of people. They have clothes and shoes for everyone. The clothes that Nike sales are mostly sports clothes. Nike is known for being a sports brand. They might be expensive, but it will last you a long time. Buying their clothes is good because you can play sports and you’ll feel comfortable. I easily have over 20 pieces of clothing of Nike. I play basketball, so whenever I need sports clothes, Nike is my store. Nike is a store for everyone. Kids, women, and men. They mostly have stuff for men though, but you’ll find stuff for everyone.
   Nike is also known for athletes, but also for their prices. Many sports brands sell their items for $100 or maybe less. Nike is a famous brand and is also cheap. The most expensive pair of Nikes’ that I’ve bought were $75.  Not only are they cheap, but they also last you a long time. I have a pair of Nikes’ that I’ve had for over 3 years and they still look like new. The price range for Nike is from $10 - $200. The most expensive Nike’s that you could buy are the first Flights.
    Although I love Nike and it’s a great brand , some people dislike it. There are several of shoes that people dislike very much. An example would be the Nike Shox. I was excited to get these. My first pair of Shox. When they got here, I thought they looked awesome. Even my kids commented on my 'cool new kicks'. Then the disappointment. My heel kept slipping out. Although they were the right size and fit comfortably, every time I stepped, my heel lifted out. I knew I couldn't deal with that over the long run (pun intended)... So - I wound up returning them :-(“ (n4tcp).  I disagree with this review because Nike shoes are made with good material and they make sure the shoes don’t tear apart before they put them on sale.
   Overall, Nike is a brand for everyone. Many people wear this brand and you should too. You won’t regret it. Nike is great for everyone and it will look good on you. You should buy Nike because not only is it good, but it is also cheap and will last you a long time. It is a great brand and very popular. Everyone should at least own one pair of Nike or at least something from Nike, because it is a very amazing brand.


Works Cited
-HorseLady-. Store.Nike. Nike Shoes , Clothing & Gear. June 11 , 2010. October 26 , 2012.

n4tcp. Store.Nike. Nike Shoes , Clothing & Gear. December 28 , 2008. October 26 , 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment