Monday, June 4, 2012

Grandfather Medina



Cindy M.
Period 4
June 4, 2012 
Grandfather Medina

          I never met my grandfather in person because he died at age 54 of a heart attack, but growing up I heard a lot of stories of him. The story that I like most is when my grandmother told me how she and my grandfather met. She told me that they were young she was 14 and my grandfather was 15. What caught my grandmother’s eyes was the fact that my grandfather’s shoes and how clean they were. My grandmother told me that my grandfather worked even though is parents were against it my grandfather worked at a very young age. My grandmother told me that one time that they use to do like fairs in La Barca, Jalisco and my grandfather was there. So my grandfather seen my grandmother and he try to talk to her but my grandmother didn’t want to talk to him. So grandfather insisted and so my grandmother fell in love with him. So they got married and my grandmother moved in with my grandfather. They lived such a beautiful life together up until my grandfather’s death. My grandmother then came to the United States. She never dated anyone else she just took care of her kids, and her granddaughters now. I think marriage back then was way better than right now. Right now people get divorce and don’t take marriage seriously anymore. People now in our generation get married and then divorced and then they get marry again. Marriage should just be to one person for the rest of your life. “Informally, however, there are rules that constrain choices, most importantly those related to class and ethnicity. People 

usually marry after a period of formal engagement that can last several years”. Street-Porter, Tim. Casa 

Mexicana: La arquitectura, el diseño, y el estilo de México, 1995. Web. April 16, 2012

An engagement can last longer than now and days people’s marriage. Now people forget the meaning 

of marriage and can change their partners whenever they desire to.






Marriage Symbol

Marriage is not a disparage
So why do people treat like it’s a season
People leave and sign a divorce for no reason
What ever happen to until “death does us apart”?
I guess its okay to love someone again from the start
Marriage is no joke
But the vows could be broke
Should marriage now still be an example to us about love
An exchange of “I do’s” right from the man above
I look at our grandparents and parents and wonder if I would get that lucky
Or would I just get something sucky
A symbol is representation
And marriage is just illusion
Marriage is not a symbol










WORK CITED
“Mexico”

Every Culture in Mexico, 2010. Web. April 16, 2012.





No comments:

Post a Comment