Monday, June 4, 2012

They United Their Lives Happily


Alejandra R.
Period 4
June 4, 2012 
 

My parents met in Zamora, Michoacán when my mother was 16 and my father was 18. They met through my father’s best friend, which was also my mother’s older brother. The first time they met was when my uncle, Tony introduced them. My father thought my mom was young and innocent, therefore he didn’t pay attention to her, but one day when he was walking through my grandmother’s house to pick up my uncle Tony he saw my mother through a glass window and from that day on he knew he was interested in her.
After seeing her that day he felt the need to be introduced to her again and my uncle Tony was annoyed to do that, but he still did. My father eventually asked my mother out on an ice skating date and it went well.
After four years of dating they got engaged and had a kid together. My father had to move from Mexico to United States with no papers so he crossed the boarder in 1984 illegally from Tijuana, Mexico straight to Bell, California to start working. My dad didn’t last a month in America he eventually went back to Mexico to see his new born baby and wife.
After several years of working a friend of my dad’s asked him if he wanted to cross the boarder again to work and my dad did need the money because they had just bought a house in Mexico. So he crossed the boarder in 1989 and once again he didn’t last long and he went back because he missed his family.
The third time my father decided to cross the boarder he didn’t want to leave his family behind so my mother and brother came along. At that time my sister was born and she was one year old my mother carried her across the boarded the same way my father has crossed the boarder through Tijuana, Mexico.
This time they lasted many years in California. I was born here. After years went by my mother decided to stay in California for my sibling’s education and mine. My father got papers and then helped my siblings and mother get papers. Now and then we go vacation in Mexico and the plan is when my dad retires and he sees that me and my siblings are ready to make our own life they’re going to move back to Mexico.
Everywhere immigrants have enriched and strengthened the fabric of American life”(John F. Kennedy). I have to agree with this wise man because America would not be America with out all the immigrants working.


Work Cited
John F Kennedy. 1965. April 6, 2012.


Immigration
To live a better life,
is to have plans that shine.
To think we can grow our dreams,
till they explode and sink.
Many come to this country for a better life for our families,
immigration is a big issue,
but we cry and we need tissue,
we walk hard everyday to make a life,
we think we will be okay
we all hope for a brighter day
we dream,
we think,
and we believe.

1 comment:

  1. it's funny how they end up meeting each other(:

    ReplyDelete