Friday, June 15, 2012

My School is a Pigsty


Emily R S
Period: 3
May 14,2012

Double Voicing about My School     

       My school is a pigsty; one thing that makes it this way is the way the girls in the bathrooms present themselves. About 20 girls line up to use the bathroom that has only 4 stalls, if you are to look at there faces you would laugh because their skin is like fake tan orange color with bright cotton candy pink blush covering their cheeks, they wait in line to stare at the mirror and apply more of that god dam pink blush on, it tends to be annoying. They stare at their uneven faces on the mirror for over an hour, and they make us girls who actually have to use the restroom, wait. I know I wear a thick amount of eyeliner, but I don’t apply five thousand products to my skin, makeup is supposed to be fun, not a hassle, no one wants to come to school looking like a fucking pink faced clown. The stalls in the bathroom are super disgusting, with toilets usually having lady products stuffed in them or something because they never flush correctly, and hardly any of the girls wash their hands, it just grosses me out knowing I am about to hold the handrail while going up the stairs to my next class and having all the germs from other unsanitary people go on me due to them not washing their hands, honestly its really freaking embarrassing.

       I recently moved down here to a little one-story house in bell with my family. We used to live in Washington but my dad found a new job out here. One thing is it nothing like my old home. Its freaking hot! I am new to this school, and I feel like I have been here for the longest, the other day an eleventh grader in my class was talking to me and asked if I realized any of the problems here, and honestly I said no, she was telling me about their horrible food, and how dirty it is here, but in all the high schools I am pretty sure there are issues like that. Like the whole nasty bathroom situation we had that at my school, it is just the way things are and will always be. We can clean them and keep it updated so it wont be so hard for the janitors later to pick up. I just feel like social things at school shouldn’t always be a issue for you to think about, focus in class, be yourself and Don’t worry so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment