Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Victor Briseno


Daniel L.
April 12, 2012
Period 2


Victor Briseno

His name is Victor Briseno. His father died when he was just a toddler. He was raised by my grandma but funny thing is that he turned out to be a brave guy. When he was a teen he told my grandma that he wanted to work and not go to school so he didn’t go to school and helped out. My uncle was asked to go the US to work so he thought it would be a good idea. He then told my grandma that he was going but my grandma didn’t pay attention because of his age. My uncle wasn’t bluffing and the next day he said his goodbyes. My grandma couldn’t say anything to make him stay. My grandma was broken hearted. My uncle had to go to bus and he was allowed to enter the U.S. He was lucky because people were able to enter the U.S. to help the Americans out. The way my uncle learn to speak English was through his friends that he made while living in Fresno and his friend that move with him had a family in the U.S which they also help him with his English. Then he started working in the fields. He was picking up oranges at age 14, “children of migrant workers become migrant workers themselves” (Parle). My uncle is a migrant worker but his mom didn’t necessarily have to be one. My uncle left the fields because summer was the only time he had a chance to work but in winter it would be harder to grow. Then he came to LA to work. At age 16 he went to work at a restaurant but then he quit because he didn’t get paid. At age 17 he worked in body shop as in cars. How he started working with the cars was by him-self. He would sneak inside his uncle’s body shop and then he would fix some things by himself. When his uncle would come and check what he was doing he asked who had fix this and my uncle confesses. His uncle wasn’t disappointed and wasn’t impressed but my uncle never stopped. “Migration plays an important role in poverty reduction and economic development” (Dishingkar). My uncle started getting paid so much and sent money to my grandma to payback for everything. Even if my grandma couldn’t even support him. He learned to give and not receive.

  




Work Cited


Dishingkar  Parle. ”Migrant Worker”. Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. March 30 2012. April 14 2012. Web.










Mi Tio
My Uncle he is so brave
Work is all he crave
Working for the things he has done
But never had time for fun.
Never got in trouble,
And got paid double.
Always getting hired,
But never getting fired
I wonder if he ever regrets it
I know for sure he won’t forget it
He worked all his life
And still faced strife
But there’s no going back
 Please don’t slack.












No comments:

Post a Comment